Have you always wanted to work with children?
Are you looking for work that fits around you and your family?
Are you looking for a stepping stone into a career within education?
Don’t delay any further and join the BEST agency, to meet your needs today!
So, what exactly does a teaching assistant do? Well working with children can be extremely rewarding and every day is different. Some of your responsibilities would include:
- Working with small groups of learners
- Working on a 1-to-1 basis with learners
- Supporting learners with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Supporting learners with English as an additional language
- Preparing the classroom for lessons
- Tidying up and keeping the classroom in good order
- Creating displays of pupils’ work
- Helping on school outings or events
What do you need from me?
- The ability to support pupils
- The ability to work closely with the teaching staff and other support staff within the classroom
- The ability to motivate pupils to learn through developing a creative and stimulating learning experience, under the guidance of the class teacher
- The ability to build a good rapport with learners
- Two up-to-date referees
- Registration with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) (If not yet registered, BEST staff can guide you through the process)
- An enhanced DBS with registration through the update service (If not in receipt of a DBS, BEST staff are able to complete this process with you)
What can you expect from BEST?
- A personal service from our dedicated team
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive pay rates
- Holiday pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Free access to a range of online CPD courses
- Full training provided
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A respected reputation for supplying quality staff throughout schools.
All suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss the position and invited to interview.